By Gail B. Slap MD MS
This concise, evidence-based source covers all of trendy need-to-know details to speedy and successfully diagnose and deal with universal adolescent conditions...in a very straight forward structure. simply because it is so compact, clinically orientated, and straightforward to learn, Adolescent drugs: The necessities in Pediatrics is a perfect learn software in addition to a handy reference for perform.
- Includes unique discussions on targeted health and wellbeing concerns, universal scientific difficulties, sexual and reproductive overall healthiness, behavioral difficulties, and the transition to grownup overall healthiness care that can assist you achieve a greater knowing of the original wishes of the adolescent sufferer.
- Features a logical, constant bankruptcy structure that is helping you discover the assistance you would like speedy.
- Presents plentiful tables, differential diagnoses, lab values/radiologic experiences, treatment/therapy techniques, and assistance on whilst to consult a expert equipping you for each scientific problem.
- Discusses controversies about the typical of care due to thought-provoking medical situations that can assist you to figure out the easiest plan of action in tough events.
- Provides highlighted containers that emphasize suitable case experiences, key issues of every part, and different vital info making you conscious of concerns that influence state-of-the-art perform.
- Uses a wealth of illustrations so that you can see information extra clearly.
Read Online or Download Adolescent Medicine: Requisites (Requisites in Pediatrics) PDF
Similar pediatrics books
This concise, evidence-based source covers all of ultra-modern need-to-know details to speedy and successfully diagnose and deal with universal adolescent stipulations. .. in a really elementary structure. simply because it is so compact, clinically orientated, and straightforward to learn, Adolescent drugs: The specifications in Pediatrics is a perfect examine software in addition to a handy reference for perform.
This is often the 1st ebook to be dedicated solely to infrequent tumors in teenagers and young people, and its target is to supply up to date details on their analysis and medical administration. the outlet part addresses normal concerns together with epidemiology, threat factors/etiology, biology and genetics, early detection, and screening.
Wenige Untersuchungen – rasche Diagnose: das ist bei Kindern besonders wichtig. Das Buch hilft, dieses Ziel zu erreichen. • a hundred and twenty Leitsymptome mit differenzialdiagnostischen Tabellen und übersichtlichen Fließschemata • Konkrete Handlungsanweisungen zu einer rationellen, eindeutigen Diagnose • Die neue three.
Pediatric surgical procedure, seventh variation - edited by means of Arnold G. Coran, Anthony Caldamone, N. Scott Adzick, Thomas M. Krummel, Jean-Martin Laberge, and Robert Shamberger - gains finished, up to date information on all elements of early life surgical procedure, together with congenital malformations, tumors, trauma, and urologic difficulties.
- Critical Thinking in the Pediatric Unit: Skills to Assess, Analyze, and Act
- Emerging Cognitive Abilities in Early infancy
- Genetics for Pediatricians: The Molecular Genetic Basis of Pediatric Disorders
- Law and Ethics in Children's Nursing
- Working with Dysfluent Children
- Stocker and Dehner’s Pediatric Pathology
Extra resources for Adolescent Medicine: Requisites (Requisites in Pediatrics)
The AAP recommends that additional supplementation be considered for adolescents who are neglected or abused, pregnant, chronically ill, and deficient in specific food groups or nutrients. The following general recommendations can be used to guide the nutritional counseling of most adolescents who are seen in the primary care setting: l l l Nutritional Counseling Nutritional counseling ranges from brief endorsements of healthy eating habits to lengthy discussions of malnutrition or disordered eating.
Pdf. Accessed May 17, 2007. 3 Limit these nutrients 4 Get enough of these nutrients Calories 250 Calories from Fat 110 % Daily Value 6 Total Fat 12g 18% Quick guide Saturated Fat 3g 15% to % DV Trans Fat 3g • 5% or less 10% is low Cholesterol 30 mg 20% Sodium 470mg 10% • 20% or more Total Carbohydrate 31g 0% is high Dietary Fiber 0g Sugars 5g Protein 5g Vitamin A Vitamin C Calcium Iron 4% 2% 20% 4% * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Breakfast consumption by African-American and White adolescent girls correlates positively with calcium and fiber intake and negatively with body mass index. J Am Diet Assoc 2005;105:938–945. American College of Sports Medicine; American Dietetic Association; Dietitians of Canada: Joint Position Statement: Nutrition and athletic performance. American College of Sports Medicine, American Dietetic Association, and Dietitians of Canada. Med Sci Sports Exerc 2000;32:2130–2145. 27 American Dietetic Association: Position of the American Dietetic Association: Food fortification and dietary supplements.
Adolescent Medicine: Requisites (Requisites in Pediatrics) by Gail B. Slap MD MS